I am 19 years old, and live in sunny Southern California with my Mom, Dad and brother Hayden. I am a Senior at JSerra Catholic High School in San Juan Capistrano. Last year was a repeat year for me as I lost my junior year to the brain tumor surgeries and complications, so instead of graduating in 2018, I will graduate in 2019. I grew up like many So Cal kids and played baseball, basketball, flag football and Pop Warner football.
High school has kept me busy and here’s a few things that I have accomplished:
- CIF Spirit of Sport Award, Southern Section, Fall 2018
- JSerra Rugby Clubman Award, 2018/19 season
- Inaugural Zach Round Courage Award – created by JSerra Football Program, 2018
- JSerra Rugby Spirit Award 2017/18
- Gillian Marie Sabet Memorial Scholarship- 2017/18
- JV Lineman of the Year, 2016
- JSerra Varsity Football – 3 years Varsity Letterman
- JSerra Rugby 2 years Varsity Letterman
- JSerra Freshmen Football 2014
- JSerra Freshmen Baseball 2014
- JSerra Service Club – Live For Others Foundation
- JSerra Social Clubs
- Fellowship of Lion Athletes (FLA)
- Polynesian Club (PolyClub)
- Pictures for Patients
- JSerra Faith Formation – Tuesday Night Youth Group (TNL)
In addition to organized sports, I have a passion for mountain biking. Prior to my tumor issue, I spent most of my off-time riding with my buddies Iain, Zach, Edward and my brother Hayden in Laguna, Aliso Woods, San Clemente and the Santa Ana Mountains. I also made many trips to Big Bear and rode a ton at the Snow Summit bike park. My ultimate is to get back to the level of riding I had before and go to Whistler to ride.
My immediate plan is to continue on my rehab and get ready for the 2018 football season. I have a lot of work to do, but I am focused on being able to play. JSerra plays in the Trinity League which is the most competitive league in the nation. If all goes as I plan, I also would like to continue to play football after high school in college. Once football season is over, I will continue to play on the JSerra Rugby team for the 2018 season as well.
As far as mountain biking, I am slowly starting to take rides. I still have to work on my fine motor skills so I can control the bike like I used to, and with the double vision, I need to compensate for not quite having the same depth perception.
My plan after high school is to attend St Norbert College in De Pere, Wisconsin to study Computer Science and play college football.